Saturday 25 April 2009

Spring fever...good and bad. (J)






Early morning we went to Nishioka Park to see the swamp plants bursting into spring green. Thankyou to Tamiko and Ritsuko for inspiring this - Tamiko's recent pictures of Nopporo Forest Park and Ritsuko's recent visit to Nishioka reminded me about this beautiful place.

Then we came home and I started fence making!
Well actually hole making and fence putting up. Amazingly luckily the elderly lady who lives across the road had a workman in to take down the winter wrapping on her garden bushes - and HE lent me his hole digging tool.

It made it so easy - and now I am the proud owner of a picket fence.




Okaasan spent the whole morning watching TV and hanging laundry...and telling me again that I could hang my laundry in a better style. This time I let her bully me into hanging my bathrobe differently...and I noticed she rehung some towels after I came inside. That's ok ...if it is so important to her, she can rearrange laundry. I don't care, but I don't like the whining if she thinks she isn't going to get her way and the handing out of unasked for advice.

I am such the opposite of her. Housework/cooking is something I do because I have to, in between the more interesting things of life. To her it is everything. Doing it correctly. She must despair of me as a woman.

In Japan it's this older/younger thing. Olders feel they should guide youngers.
Maybe I should advise HER about leaving bowls of wet laundry around so long that they go mouldy, or the food in the fridge that goes uneaten, or the clothes strewn around the sofa and floor...or maybe not. Grrr...


But all was basically well. I went to work. I came home. We ate savory pancakes. We chatted about stuff.

Tried to prod Okaasan on using the packet of lilly bulbs that have been sitting in the fridge for 4 weeks...but she seems so detached from food once she has bought it. She looked at the packet a few times, talked vaguely about making savory custard with the lilly bulbs..and then put them back in the fridge.
If I have time this weekend I'll try and get her to make/help me make the custard dish..but if not - I'll just throw away the bulbs. They look like they are going soft in the plastic bag. There are two more whole bulbs too...I am gonna plant those!

Okaasan seemed a bit tired. She claimed to have walked all the way from Minami Hiragishi to Tanuki Koji downtown! We don't think she actually did, maybe a subway and walk trip. But...it is possible maybe...she is an amazingly active 78 year old.


The night was horrendous.
The cat seems to have gone crazy. He had me up and down from bed between 1 am and 3.30 am with yowling to be allowed out. Really loud. I finally slept on the sofa in my bathrobe.
I don't know what's wrong with him. Alczheimer's Disease maybe? Spring fever? Grrrr...


2009年4月25日(土)
春先の憂鬱・・・いいこと悪いこと

朝早くワタシたちはにわかに新緑となった湿地植物を見に西岡公園に行ったの。ここを思いついたのはタミコさんとリツコさんのおかげよ・・・タミコさんが最近撮った野幌森林公園の写真とリツコさんが近頃訪れた西岡のことがこの美しい場所をワタシに思い出させてくれたわ

それからワタシたちは家に戻り、ワタシはフェンスを作り始めたの!
まあ、実は穴を作りフェンスを建てるのだけどね。驚くほど幸運なことに、向かいに住む老婦人が職人さんに庭の木々の冬囲いをほどいてもらっていたの・・・それで彼が穴掘りの道具を貸してくれたのよ。

とても簡単にできたわ・・・それで今ワタシは誇り高き杭垣のオーナーよ。

お義母さんは午前中いっぱいテレビを見たり洗濯物を掛けたりして過ごしたわ・・・そしてワタシにまた、洗濯物をもっといい形に干せるのに、って言ったのよ。今回はワタシ、お義母さんがワタシにバスローブを掛けなおさせるのを許したの・・・それにワタシが中に入った後お義母さんがタオルを数枚掛けかえたのに気づいたわ。いいわよ・・・もしお義母さんにとってそんなに大事なことならば、お義母さんは洗濯物を掛けかえることができるわ。構わないわ、でも自分の思い通りにならないと愚痴をこぼされたり、頼みもしないアドバイスを押し売りされるのは嫌いなの。

ワタシはお義母さんとはまるっきり反対なの。家事、料理はしなければならないからするものよ。生活のもっと面白いことの合間のこと。お義母さんにとってはそれがすべてなのね。それを正しく行うこと。お義母さんは女性としてワタシに失望しているに違いないわ。

日本ではこれは老人と若者の問題なのよ。高齢者は自分たちが若い者たちを導かなければ、と思っているのよ。
たぶん、ワタシは濡れたままの洗濯物をカビが生えるほど長い時間洗面器に入れっぱなしにしていることや、食べられなくなるまで冷蔵庫に入ったままの食べ物や、ソファや床に散らかされた衣類を注意しなければならないのかもしれないし・・・しないほうがいいのかもしれないわね。うーん・・・。

でも、すべて基本的には良かったわ。ワタシは仕事に行き、家に帰り、ワタシたちはおいしいパンケーキを食べ、いろいろなことを話したわ。

4週間も前から冷蔵庫にある包みのユリ根を使うようにお義母さんを急かしてみたの・・・でもお義母さんは以前買った食べ物から気持ちが離れているようだったわ。お義母さんはちょっとその包みを見て、そのユリ根でおいしい茶碗蒸しを作ることを曖昧に話したわ・・・それからそれを冷蔵庫の中に戻したのよ。
もし今週末時間があればお義母さんに茶碗蒸しを作らせるか、ワタシが作るのを手伝わせるつもりよ・・・でも、もしそうでなかったら、捨てちゃうんだから。ユリ根はビニール袋のなかで軟らかくなっているように見えるわ。他にも2個丸ごとあるの・・・それは植えちゃおうっと!

お義母さんは少し疲れたように見えたわ。お義母さんは南平岸から狸小路への全区間を歩いたって言い張ったの!私たちは本当だと思っていないわ。たぶん地下鉄と歩きじゃないかしら。でも・・・たぶん可能だわ・・・お義母さんは驚くほど行動的な78歳なのよ。

夜はとんでもなかったわ。
ネコが狂ったみたいなの。彼は午前1時から3時30分の間、外に出たいと鳴き、ワタシをベッドに出たり入ったりさせたの。本当に大きな声でね。ワタシはついにバスローブのままソファで寝たのよ。
ネコがどうしちゃったのかわからないわ。もしかしてアルツハイマーの症状?春先の高揚感?うーん・・・。


 

No comments:

Post a Comment