Saturday 31 October 2009

Catch up...






 



Happy Halloween!
Here are the pumpkins that two of my young students made this afternoon - their first ever pumpkin making....and the Happy Pumpkin is the one I made after they left...and the AMAZING Michael Jackson tribute one is made by a friend in Canada....

Just a few quiet days...the weather turned cold...there are even snowmen icons on the weather forecasts. We started slipping into Okaasan's room at night to make sure the heater is set for morning...
* Yujiro heard he hadn't got the computer instructor job starting in December...which was a real blow because he was sure he had it...so he has to start hunting again.
* I got delivery of my new plaything - a laptop computer. It isn't a cat, but it might keep me occupied playing endless wordgames at work between classes.
* I dreamt of a kitten...Yujiro came home and told me about a supermarket sign advertising 2 kittens needing a home...
* Okaasan is in shopping mode again and comes home with all sorts of vegetables and fruit and chocolate (YEAHHH!!)...but she doesn't always tell YUjiro she bought it...tonight I found some gobo hiding in a box in the kitchen.

* The local baseball team Nippon Ham Fighters lost the first game in the Japan Series playoffs and like most of the people in Hokkaido tonight we sat with our dinner in front of the TV and watched the game....


1 comment:

  1. fab pumpkins!!

    I would welcome galbo hidden anywhere. Yum yum.

    Bummer about hub's job. Good luck with the job hunt again.

    You should get a cat? Is that an option again?

    ReplyDelete