Monday 17 May 2010

Hospital visits for everyone! (minus the goldfish...)

We are all going to the hospital on Wednesday - hopefully won't get the appointments and treatments mixed up.

Yujiro and Okaasan - got Health Check-up invites from the ward office, Yujiro seems to think that Okaasan will happily go along with him for that. I have my doubts...because she doesn't think regular, mainstream medicine has any value, and that she is perfectly healthy.
I think she probably IS physically healthy actually: she eats loads and is active with the walking and the dancing. I doubt the basic health check-up will spot the dementia, and even if it does - neither Okaasan nor Yujiro will want to do any more medically about it. And really...why bother? She's almost 80, dementia mendication would slow the inevitable process...but not stop it. She has good quality of life now, and in a few years we will all descend ever downwards into chaos.

But I hope she does go along for the check-up because it will get her into the local health care system and on the official radar for future.

Oyomesan - heading for my second knee injection. The knee is so-so, I am taking it all very carefully. I sat down in most classes today. I sat down all yesterday afternoon.

Chichi and Popo - will head to the vets and become - New Halfu.....in other words, have their little, black furry balls snipped off. New Halfu is what Japanese media dub the various gay/transvestite TV talent people who appear all over the place...so I am hoping that Chichi and Popo (which are pretty good New Halfu names in fact!) will come home from The Snip and become expert at interior design and make-up makeovers. They can start right here: the house and me.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck for Wednesday. Our ward office letters for health checks came and we are both going in four or five weeks and doing the complete check. MRI and all. I think this year is the year. Hub has a pretty extensive one every year but I haven't had one since getting pregnant first time. I think mum's illness has left me thinking no harm in going the whole hog this time. Most of it is free. Only about $200 each for the MRIs and whatnot.

    Bit scary but :(

    Good that okaasan will get in the network.

    If popo and chichi turn out to be fabulous at makeovers like Ikko then please send them down here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can be their make-over guineapig...and then when they have perfected their talents they will come down and sort you out too.
    I think Chichi has a deep interest in furniture...he spends a lot of time attending to the corner of the wooden chest in the living room, and Popo is into curtain inspections.

    They will debut with a TV Make Over Show as soon as the stitches have healed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I have to laugh "I think Chichi has a deep interest in furniture...he spends a lot of time attending to the corner of the wooden chest in the living room, and Popo is into curtain inspections." You could potentially make a series out of it like Nameneko cats! haha :)

    ReplyDelete