Friday 20 August 2010

A Melon Monster in my Body.....

This is my body.
This is the HUGE Ovarian Cyst that has grown and grown inside me. Yes, that huge white space thingy.
More like an eggplant than a Yubari melon.
About 20 cm by 9 cm.

The doctor thinks it is not cancerous - but until they get it out they can't be sure.
And they are gonna take it out.
2 Ovaries 卵巣  Fallopian Tubes 卵管

September 15th operation.
Stay in hospital for 2 weeks.
Take it real easy.
If my body condition gets worse - the backaches/the nausea/the burping/the stomach pains...the operation could be earlier. 

And so there it is.

Bye-bye Hawaii holiday October 8th. Maybe long international flight one week after leaving hospital is a bad idea. But NOTHING is going to stop me getting on an airplane and going to Tokyo to see Adam Lambert in concert!!!! Adam!!! I am coming baby! 

Been a long day.
Feeling fine now. Back-ache a bit. Very careful on the eating. Sometimes pressure inside pains.
Have to think about work now and getting other teachers to cover for me.
Don't feel like attending the BBQ in my own garden this weekend.
A lot of life. 

7 comments:

  1. OMG that looks huge. Really hope they will get it all out and it turns out to be a 'good' cyst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. That is one huge ovary you have there. I can't believe they are making you wait so long either. I hope it isn't giving you too much pain. In my experience the squeaky oil gets the grease(grease being painkillers, operations in a hurry etc). All the best for the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...I know..
    Huge.
    They DID say that if I start to feel very rough they'll move the operation date up....I have to go in September 3 for yet more Stick the Needle in The Arm Games and another scan/MRI or soemthing...
    Not feeling rough yet. Back ache and burping. Slight headache if I get tired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..my. I do hope for the best. Well-wishes and prayers are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. H.O.L.Y SHIT!! That is mammoth. God, can't you get it out sooner?
    Hope wine doesn't make it flare up - and if it does just tell me and I will have on or ten on your behalf.

    Shit, shit, shit. that is huge.

    Still in disbelief. That must have been such a shock. Just think how good you'll feel when it's out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. I hope that everything goes well.

    I would totally look forward to Adam too. I'm so sorry about your holiday though.

    Do you need anything? Books? DVDs to take your mind off things? magazines? Please let us know if there's anything I can do to help...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shouldn't comment at 2 in the morning....I didn't mean to use the Royal "we" up above. If you need anything...let me know!

    ReplyDelete