Friday 18 August 2017

Don't count...

...your care homes before they....are a reality.

Dear Son is not there yet.....

Another visit, another look at the physical training....and reassuring chat from the staff that the diaper use is not constant....really???...and he came away more positive about our ability to have Okaasan at home with us.

I am not so convinced.

But, I am playing the good wife role...gentle, understanding support.....whatever he want to chat about.

I AM being strong in opposition to the point that daily diaper changes are beyond me. And if we can't leave her safely for less than a few hours - home life isn't possible.

But.

Japanese man.
Man?

Making a decision seems to take forever.

I am guessing Okaasan will come home. And we all will see how that is...and then eventually....he will understand that a care home is a better option.

He is an intelligent person. Got one of those off the chart IQs, in fact....but sometimes SO BLOODY dense!!
"Oh, I talked to the social worker...getting a place in a care home isn't so easy..."

You think?
Yeah. Right. Japan - fastest aging society in the world...millions of families just like us, all trying to get outside care for their elderly. I know it. I talk to people....how can he not know this??

Am now waiting for him to reveal to me:

Eggs are not round
The world is not flat
Japanese office workers do no meaning overtime
Trump is going to bring America to its knees.

Sigh.

Holiday. 4 weeks from now.....counting the days....

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not sure WHAT you think is a cheap shot? Are you a real person, or a Russian bot? If real....cheap shot at a) men? b) Japanese men? or c) Trump?

      All 3 are capable of surviving the opinions of a middle aged British woman who writes a blog read by about 100 people....I think.....

      although the last on the list probably needs any help he can get now....

      Delete
  2. I hope things will work out for the best. Try not to stress too much. Enjoy your holiday back home.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete