Monday 20 February 2012

Happy forgetting...

"Good morning Okaasan! Here's the carpet all nice and clean, I'll put it down for you shall I? How's your neck today?"
"My neck?"
"Yes, you had pain in your neck since last week..."
"My neck? I did? I forgot....maybe it's ok!"


Oh, what a wonderful state to be in. Really. All the bad stuff just floats away and you don't remember it anymore.


I had computer/tax data worries last week....wish I could forget them. :-)


But Okaasan just knows that she is sitting there in her room, watching TV and the sun is shining, and in a few hours someone will give her lunch or clean laundry...and maybe later she'll go for a little walk.
And she is happy in her life: had a loving family, married a decent man, had two boys, traveled the world and saw amazing things, still proudly active and interested in TV and cooking shows, and the newspaper.


What more can a person want?

1 comment:

  1. good to hear her neck obviously isn't causing her as much grief as it was. Hope you have success in talking to Y about getting her assessed though.

    ReplyDelete