Monday 18 January 2010

Getting it all under control.

Did it all again.
A day of Oyomesan duty and no crisis.

Fed Okaasan, cleared snow, met a friend for swimming and lunch and more snow clearing.
Then after friend had gone - fed Okaasan. Fed Yujiro when he finally got home.
Thought about next week's food.

Okaasan all A-ok. Chatted to her about stuff. Got her on a endless round of how Kawagoe wasn't bombed during the war because the Americans knew it had lots of old buildings. If the war had gone on another 3 days Kawagoe was next etc etc. It's one of her favorite chats.
Dinner was ok: small fried fish, rice, soup, salad and some seaweed mix thing a student made for me. I teach many older students - in their 60s and 70s, and some of the ladies have taken pity on me and often give me seaweedy mixtures, pickled veggies and other very Japanese homecooked foods. Okaasan loves it.

Yujiro came home for a short night to get clothes and ski waxes. Now he's gone away again and will stay away tonight for work. He's a happy bunny.

I'm happy for him...but...I have now lost the car for 2 days. So I have to get round all my culture school, private students in the suburbs, back to my classroom and finally back home at 9 pm tonight - all by public transport, student cars and on foot.
It's going to be a long day.

I'll leave rice and soup and pickles for Okaasan's light lunch pre-hula dancing.
And I'll leave her curry and rice for tonight.
Hope she survives. I'm gone 9 am to 9 pm.

*  AND! Some of the weight has come down! YES! From 64.5 at New Year to 62.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment