Thursday 18 December 2008

No meeting today.

Okaasan and I didn't actually meet today.
I was off and out to work before 10 am, and home again at 7.30 pm.
He planned to go out for walking and lunch with okaasan - but she went out under her own steam to a local supermarket to buy things...and then in the evening felt a cough oncoming so she decided not to wait around in our place for dinner...so she'd gone by the time I came home.
He and I ate the nabe and drank beer and watched football.

This is really sweet - one of my students cooked and gave me pickled vegetables and fish...and another gave me pickled radishes ! very much old-Japanese-lady kind of food, and exactly the kind of stuff I don't know how to cook. It was a great present and will make a good lunch or dinner for okaasan tomorrow. I hope she feels up to eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment